The Votorantim Group started as a textile factory and was commisioned in 1918 in the city of Votorantim, São Paulo State. Since then, the Group has benn diversifing its activities and continuously grown based on values such as Solidity, Ethics, Respect, Entrepreneurship and Unity.
The first step toward expansion was taken in 1935, with the acquisition of the company Nitro Química. This was followed 20 years later by the commissioning of Companhia Brasileira de Alumínio (CBA), the first company to set up operations in this sector in Brazil.
Furthering its strategy of diversifying and counstinously growing, in the late 1980s the Group started investing in pulp and paper, and three years later it entered the financial sector with the creation of Banco Votorantim.
Votorantim Textiles Factory, 1910
Banco Votorantim, created in 1983
CBA Factory – municipality of Alumínio (SP)
To handle the continuous growth of its operations in different areas, in 2001 the Votorantim Group stablished the holding company Votorantim Participações (VPAR). This was the decisive step toward the globalization of its businesses, which nowadays operate in 24 countries.
To learn more about this successful story, go to the Votorantim Memory Project website, a project started in 2003 to strengthen the link among the Group's professionals and to recognize their active role as agents of the organization's history.